SubjectRe: [TOMOYO #6 02/21] Add struct vfsmount to struct task_struct.
Hello.

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Just FYI: A NACK to such an addition doesn't simply go away by
> ignoring it.
Excuse me. What NACK is remaining?

About the below comments?
> > NACK to this. Passing function parameters through the task_struct is
> > definitely not an acceptable hack
>
> Exactly. Having a vfsmount other than the current processes root or
> current working directory in task_struct doesn't make any sense.

I explained that this approach pushes the parameter on the stack memory
and behaves as if the parameter was passed by function calls.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/19/80

But if this approach is still unacceptable,
please discuss and adopt AppArmor's patches as soon as possible.
Both AppArmor and TOMOYO needs vfsmount parameters, but
I'm sad to see no comments on AppArmor's vfsmount patches.

Regards.

  Last update: 2008-01-08 15:41    [W:0.092 / U:0.288 seconds]