SubjectRe: rtl8187 rate control doesn't work
There is an other Problem.

iwconfig shows me "Bit Rate=1 Mb/s" the hole time, but I'm able to
download with an average of 440K/s as wget says.

It's with PID rate control algorithm.

--

Hauke Mehrtens

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 9:47 AM, Hauke Mehrtens <hauke@hauke-m.de> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Now the compat-wireless-2.6 package is working and I get an Internet
>> connection with my rtl8187 based card. (It's on an ASUS P5B Deluxe)
>>
>> I used the compat-wireless-2.6 package for this log, but I have the same
>> problem with the version integrated in kernel 2.6.24-rc6
>>
>> The Access Point is some rooms away so the signal is not the best at my
>> location. When starting the device with no fixed rate it wants to
>> connect with 54MBit/s and as iwconfig says it was successful but I can't
>> ping any device in the wireless LAN. (it's the first part of the log)
>> The rate will not be slowed down it stays fixed at 54MBit/s.
>>
>> After starting the device with rate fixed to 11M I get a connection to
>> the Access Point and iwconfig's output looks the same as without fixed
>> rate, but I'm able to ping the all devices in the network. (second part
>> of the log)
>> Now it slows down the rate to 1MBit/s
>
> Seems to be the new PID rate control algorithm. I believe Stephano
> (CC'd) was sending some patches for this. Please try changing in
> config.mk
>
> From this value:
>
> CONFIG_MAC80211_RC_DEFAULT=pid
>
> To this:
>
> CONFIG_MAC80211_RC_DEFAULT=simple
>
> and let us know how that goes. Oh and linux-kernel is the wrong list
> to use, please just use linux-wireless for future e-mails.
>
> Luis

  Last update: 2008-01-07 17:07    [W:0.467 / U:0.144 seconds]