SubjectRe: "mconf" and help texts
Date
Hi,

On Thursday 3. January 2008, Ph. Marek wrote:

> So I took a look at "Help", and saw that blob:
>
> Selected by: NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CONNMARK && NET && INET && NETFILTER &&
> NETFILTER_XTABLES && (IP_NF_MANGLE || IP6_NF_MANGLE) && NF_CONNTRACK
> || NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CONNMARK && NET && INET && NETFILTER &&
> NETFILTER_XTABLES && NF_CONNTRACK || IP_NF_TARGET_CLUSTERIP && NET &&
> INET && NETFILTER && IP_NF_MANGLE && EXPERIMENTAL && NF_CONNTRACK_IPV4
>
> That is a _bit_ unreadable.

What you see here is the internal representation of the select expression. To
make it more easily readable, you could just cut off everything between &&
and || (it's the dependency of the symbol which does the select, the one
before &&).
The readable expression could be generated when needed, but it might be easier
to just generate at the same time as the full expression (in menu_finalize).

> As a side-node - I cannot get xconfig to work (pkg-config);

Why exactly? What's the error message?

> is there some
> way in menuconfig to see why some config option is disallowed? The location
> tree shows some data ("-> Networking support (NET [=y])"), but not for all
> dependencies.

I don't quite understand. The dependency for option itself is above the
location tree and the for dependencies of the dependencies you have to look
at their individual info.

> [Does xconfig allow enabling them while seeing this option?]

Only if you enable the missing dependency. This is insofar a little easier as
they are linked if you enable the deubg info, so the prompt may be a little
easier to find.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2008-01-07 04:39    [W:0.297 / U:0.116 seconds]