SubjectRe: Kbuild update
On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 03:39:53PM +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 09:23:16PM +0800, WANG Cong wrote:
> >
> > {snip}
> >
> > >TODO items (from my mailbox - I have plenty more)
> > >=================================================
> > >- i18n patch for mconf and friends (from Kernel Translator project)
> > > is old but several bits of it needs to be applied to better support i18n
> >
> > Hmm, I glanced at that project. It's old and seems freezed now.
> > I don't know if people still have interests in the i18n of kconfig.
> > If so, I think I can help with the Chinese part. ;)
>
> >From the off-list communication I have had there is indeed an interest.
> It sort of stopped at one point due to missing integration in mainline.
> What I refer to is mostly the mconf.c bits, but I would also like to
> see what lkml says to a sample of .po files included in the kernel
> for a number of languages.
>
> One criteria to get a .po file integrated could be at least 10% of the
> strings translated or similar.

Besides the initial translation efforts a big problem would be to
also find people who will regularly update the translations for
many years.

Otherwise the next round of spelling fixes will push this far
below 10%...

> Sam

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-01-05 06:51    [W:0.049 / U:0.152 seconds]