    From: murtuja bharmal <>
    To: Sam Ravnborg <>
    Sent: Wednesday, 28 November, 2007 11:30:59 PM
    Subject: Re: Linux 2.6 kernel module compilation without using KBUILD

    > Try disabling Module version support - then you do
    > not
    > see the .tmp_<modulename>.o
    > When you have understood this simpler case you can
    > move
    > on and try enabling module versioning.
    > But again - you really do not need to understand all
    > this
    > kernel internal stuff to build a module.
    > If your real goal is to build a module without
    > use of kbuild you are on the wrong track.
    > Please enligthing us why you need all this deep
    > internal
    > knowledge to build your module and we may be able to
    > tell
    > you how to use kbuild top do so.
    > What you are heading at now looks like waste of time
    > for all parties.
    > Sam

    Hello sam,

    Thanks for your time.
    Any way, we already had a lot discussion.
    It just matter of interest nothing else.
    Actually it is just a curiosity to know little bit
    Internals of KBUILD and module versioning.
    You can say, it is my bad habit when I start work on
    I want to understand it from base.
    Unfortunately this time I didn’t get much information
    from google.
    Neither from kernel documentation.
    I don’t have any issue on using KBUILD.

    Sorry again.
    Thanks for your suggestion and view.

    Murtuja Bharmal

    Make Yahoo! your homepage.

    Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at

      Last update: 2008-01-03 09:25    [W:0.022 / U:6.192 seconds]