SubjectRe: freeze vs freezer
Hi.

Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 10:52:53 schrieb Nigel Cunningham:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Oliver Neukum wrote:
>>> How do you deal with fuse server tasks using other fuse filesystems?
>> Since they're frozen in reverse order, the dependant one would be frozen
>> first.
>
> Say I do:
>
> a) mount fuse on /tmp/first
> b) mount fuse on /tmp/second
>
> Then the server task for (a) does "ls /tmp/second". So it will be frozen,
> right? How do you then freeze (a)? And keep in mind that the server task
> may have forked.

I guess I should first ask, is this a real life problem or a
hypothetical twisted web? I don't see why you would want to make two
filesystems interdependent - it sounds like the way to create livelock
and deadlocks in normal use, before we even begin to think about
hibernating.

Regards,

Nigel

  Last update: 2008-01-03 23:09    [W:0.937 / U:0.004 seconds]