SubjectRe: Problem with ata layer in 2.6.24
Gene Heskett wrote:

> I doubt libata has that capability now, or ever will, cuz these ide/atapi
> devices are generally dumber than rocks about that. But any device claiming
> to be scsi-II is supposed to be able to do those sorts of things while the
> cpu is off crunching numbers for BOINC or whatever.
..

The CD/DVD drives all all "MMC" devices internally, which means they speak
a SCSI command protocol. Regardless of the electrical or optical interface.

Linux is software, and the software protocol is exactly the same for them,
no matter what the cable/bus type happens to be.

Cheers

  Last update: 2008-01-30 01:23    [W:0.217 / U:0.104 seconds]