SubjectRe: [LTP] [TEST] : LTP Build failure on 2.6.24 kernel
Date
On Monday 28 January 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:43:16PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > > You better fulfil your claim "LTP scripts are written to be POSIX
> > > complaint" before complaining about shells being unhappy with your
> > > script. E.g. where in IEEE 1003.1-2004 is the "local" you use
> > > specified?
> >
> > yes, local is a bsd extension not in POSIX. it has been implemented by
> > every shell so far though. as soon as someone complains, i'll be more
> > than happy to fix it.
>
> David Korn's ksh93 (e.g. shipped in the Debian "ksh" package) disproves
> your claim "it has been implemented by every shell so far".

sorry, i left out the operative word "relevant". i dont care what random
shell fails unless people are actually utilizing it as their /bin/sh in any
sort of useful context. as soon as someone complains for real and not just
to be annoying, i'll address their complaint then.

the issue that spawned this thread has been fixed in latest dash git tree, but
no new release has been cut. Debian has grabbed said fixes, so go bug Ubuntu
if they havent as well.
-mike

  Last update: 2008-01-28 22:23    [W:0.039 / U:0.348 seconds]