SubjectRE: fixed a bug of adma in rhel4u5 with HDS7250SASUN500G.
Robert worte.

> Kuan, does this patch (using the notifiers to see if the command is
> really done) still work if one port on the controller has
> ADMA disabled
> because it's in ATAPI mode? I seem to recall Allen Martin mentioning
> that notifiers wouldn't work in this case.

I just tried the 2.6.24-rc7 sata_nv driver with one hd and one cdrom in
the same controller.
I mkfs hd and mounted the cdrom and no error happened.

Allen, is there anything about notifier that we should pay attention
to?

> > * it sure seems like there are other open sata_nv ADMA
> issues -- can we
> > hard-confirm or deny this? bugzilla wasn't very helpful
> for me. It
> > doesn't seem like we can disable ADMA (to solve those
> issues) and get
> > enough test time in (which is what I said a week (or more?)
> ago too...)
>
> The NCQ/non-NCQ command switching issue is still hitting some people
> (last I heard Kuan was looking into this), also there's a
> hotplug issue
> that Tejun reported..

I have not yet reproduced the switching issue even if i removed the
udelay function according to your metholds.
I tried the 2.6.24-rc7.
I don't know what kernel version can easily reproduce the issue or
mabye i omit some steps during test.

confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

  Last update: 2008-01-24 04:23    [W:0.118 / U:0.340 seconds]