    SubjectLinux and remote control device

    I'd like to add support for my Infrared remote control to Linux.

    So far I only see LIRCD project that make the kernel support
    such device but I'm not sure if this project is the best choice
    since it's not part of mainline kernels. And there are certainly
    good reasons which I'm not aware of.

    Another possibility is to make the remote controle device an input
    device. But I see several flaws:

    - The IR receiver on my board can't be use as a transmitter any
    - All scancodes are embedded in the kernel.

    Do you think it's still the way to go despite the 2 points raised above ?

    Thanks !

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-22 09:03    [W:0.018 / U:2.772 seconds]