SubjectRe: Massive IDE problems. Who leaves data here?
Date
Ray Lee wrote:
> (Please always do a reply-to-all for this email list.)

Currently I don't have a SMTP server configured. As soon as my system is
trustworthy, again, I'll do that.

> Bad or almost bad power supplies can cause lots of unhappy problems
> such as these. If you have another power supply laying around, it can
> be worth swapping them out. Double-checking that your CPU fan is still
> spinning, and that memtest86+ doesn't show any errors doesn't hurt
> either.

... that may be possible...

I have all PCI slots filled with cards, two big IDE hard drives and one
DVD RAM writer. I already disconnected the DVD drive, as this was nearly
unusable with all those IDE errors. The power supply is (AFAIR) a 200
watt one.

But may the power supply cause corrupted data? Shouldn't that crash down
the PC completely?

CU

Manuel

  Last update: 2008-01-22 21:59    [W:1.694 / U:0.148 seconds]