SubjectRe: Massive IDE problems. Who leaves data here?
(Please always do a reply-to-all for this email list.)

On Jan 22, 2008 12:40 PM, Manuel Reimer <Manuel.Spam@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > If your IDE interface is complaining about BadCRC errors, then it's
> > complaining about hardware problems (bad cable, etc.)
>
> The cable already has been replaced three times. I even got sure to
> *not* bend the cable. This all doesn't help.
>
> May a bad cable really cause corrupted data?
>
> I also have such messages for my cdrom drive (the bad sector messages at
> the end of the log for drive hdc). I replaced the 40 pin cable with a
> new 80 pin one and still have the errors...

Bad or almost bad power supplies can cause lots of unhappy problems
such as these. If you have another power supply laying around, it can
be worth swapping them out. Double-checking that your CPU fan is still
spinning, and that memtest86+ doesn't show any errors doesn't hurt
either.

  Last update: 2008-01-22 21:49    [W:0.153 / U:0.044 seconds]