    Subjectext4 merge plans for 2.6.25
    Date
    The following patches have been in the -mm tree for a while, and I
    plan to push them to Linus when the 2.6.25 merge window opens. With
    this patch series, it is expected that ext4 format should be settling
    down. We still have delayed allocation and online defrag which aren't
    quite ready to merge, but those shouldn't affect the on-disk format.

    I don't expect any other on-disk format changes to show up after this
    point, but I've been wrong before.... any such changes would have to
    have a Really Good Reason, though. (No, Abhishek Rai's changes
    wouldn't count as an on-disk change, since they change layout choices,
    but not anything that e2fsck would actually care about. We may try
    merging those into ext4 and see how they play out in the -mm tree;
    we'll see.)

    - Ted

    P.S. Yes, the currently released e2fsprogs won't support all of these
    format changes yet; again ext4, shouldn't be deployed to production
    systems yet, although we do salute those who are willing to be guinea
    pigs and play with this code! Never fear, I'll be working to get
    e2fsprogs caught up Real Soon Now.

    Adrian Bunk (1):
    ext4/super.c: fix #ifdef's (CONFIG_EXT4_* -> CONFIG_EXT4DEV_*)

    Alex Tomas (2):
    ext4: Add new functions for searching extent tree
    ext4: Add multi block allocator for ext4

    Aneesh Kumar K.V (23):
    ext4: Introduce ext4_lblk_t
    ext4: Introduce ext4_update_*_feature
    ext4: Fix sparse warnings.
    ext4: Rename i_file_acl to i_file_acl_lo
    ext4: Rename i_dir_acl to i_size_high
    ext4: Add support for 48 bit inode i_blocks.
    ext4: Support large files
    ext2: Fix the max file size for ext2 file system.
    ext3: Fix the max file size for ext3 file system.
    ext4: Return after ext4_error in case of failures
    ext4: Change the default behaviour on error
    Add buffer head related helper functions
    ext4: add block bitmap validation
    ext4: Check for the correct error return from
    ext4: Make ext4_get_blocks_wrap take the truncate_mutex early.
    ext4: Convert truncate_mutex to read write semaphore.
    ext4: Take read lock during overwrite case.
    ext4: Add EXT4_IOC_MIGRATE ioctl
    ext4: Fix ext4_show_options to show the correct mount options.
    ext4: Add ext4_find_next_bit()
    ext4: Enable the multiblock allocator by default
    ext4: Check for return value from sb_set_blocksize
    ext4: Use the ext4_ext_actual_len() helper function

    Avantika Mathur (2):
    ext4: add ext4_group_t, and change all group variables to this type.
    ext4: fixes block group number being set to a negative value

    Chris Snook (1):
    jbd2: Remove printk from J_ASSERT to preserve registers during BUG

    Coly Li (1):
    ext4: sync up block group descriptor with e2fsprogs.

    Dmitry Monakhov (1):
    ext4: fix uniniatilized extent splitting error

    Eric Sandeen (6):
    ext4 extents: remove unneeded casts
    ext4: different maxbytes functions for bitmap & extent files
    ext4: export iov_shorten from kernel for ext4's use
    ext4: store maxbytes for bitmapped files and return EFBIG as appropriate
    ext4: fix oops on corrupted ext4 mount
    ext4: fix up EXT4FS_DEBUG builds

    Girish Shilamkar (1):
    ext4: Add the journal checksum feature

    Jan Kara (2):
    ext4: Avoid rec_len overflow with 64KB block size
    jbd2: Fix assertion failure in fs/jbd2/checkpoint.c

    Jean Noel Cordenner (2):
    vfs: Add 64 bit i_version support
    ext4: Add inode version support in ext4

    Johann Lombardi (1):
    jbd2: jbd2 stats through procfs

    Mariusz Kozlowski (1):
    ext4: remove unused code from ext4_find_entry()

    Mingming Cao (4):
    jbd2: add lockdep support
    jbd2: Mark jbd2 slabs as SLAB_TEMPORARY
    jbd2: Use round-jiffies() function for the "5 second" ext4/jbd2 wakeup
    jbd2: sparse pointer use of zero as null

    Takashi Sato (1):
    ext4: Support large blocksize up to PAGESIZE

      Last update: 2008-01-22 04:05    [W:4.831 / U:0.024 seconds]