SubjectRe: [GEODE] Geode GX/LX watchdog timer (was 2.6.24-rc8 hangs at mfgpt-timer)
From
On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:06:24PM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> As promised, a watchdog driver for the Geode GX/LX processors is attached.
> I basically just ported the previous patch forward to 2.6.24.
>
> I also have good news or bad news depending on your perspective. I wanted
> to test this against 2.6.24, and OLPC is stuck at an older kernel version,
> so I had to test this with coreboot (LinuxBIOS) on another Geode
> platform. Like all BIOSen execpt for the OLPC firmware, coreboot uses
> VSA (SMM handler) which consumes all the timers.

Hmm, the Geode LX platform I work with uses VSA/SMM and I have had no
problems using timer 2 for a watchdog. Some of the timers are certainly
already setup by something in the BIOS, but quite a few are not in use.
The board I am using is the compulab iGLX module. I did have to mangle
together a watchdog driver myself some time ago since there wasn't one
for the Geode LX at the time.

Of course I haven't gone past 2.6.18 kernel for now (I am tracking
Debian stable for the most part), so I have no idea if something in a
newer kernel breaks things.

--
Len Sorensen

  Last update: 2008-01-20 21:19    [W:0.157 / U:0.616 seconds]