SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc6-mm1
> could we perhaps just replace it with a tty_mutex? (possibly a recursive
> one) I suspect by now most of the BKL dependencies there have become
> local to the tty code? Or are there deep VFS dependencies as well? (if
> yes, what type of dependencies?)

The big problem is that nobody actually knows where all the dependancies
are. That is why I've started with the bits we can decipher so that it
simplifies the mess each time we clean up the locking of some lower level
aspect.

Almost all the serial drivers clone the same open and release methods (or
worse older versions of it) so that also needs doing. Lots to do, so
little time.

  Last update: 2008-01-02 23:55    [W:0.067 / U:0.876 seconds]