SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Celeron Core
Andi Kleen wrote:
> I think the misunderstanding on your side is relative to what there
> is less heat. Throttling essentially reduces temporary heat spikes on
> the silicon, but does not make the system overall take less power
> or generate less heat as measured over a longer time because it will
> be idle less.

I don't understand this, and it seems wrong. Most machines spend most
of their time doing nothing, or as close to nothing as they're allowed.
Idle, in other words. Isn't it the case that an idle machine will use
less power when throttled than when not?

  Last update: 2008-01-20 05:37    [W:0.214 / U:0.116 seconds]