SubjectRe: echo mem > /sys/power/state

* Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

> > Probably it would be more efficient to have the people who wrote the
> > code also test it.
>
> Well, that would certainly help.
>
> I do test all of my patches and generally all of the patches I sign
> off, but surely that's not enough.

please add a .config option dependent on CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y [and
default-disabled] that auto-tests suspend/resume functionality 60
seconds after hitting user-space (the suspend/resume cycle kept small
via a small RTC timeout) and s2ram correctness will be tested _a lot_
more.

(it doesnt matter if graphics does not resume fine - at least for my
tests)

kprobes had similar problems and it now has a few simple smoke-tests -
which i just saw trigger on a patch that i did not notice would break
kprobes. I think this should be done for all functionality that is not
regularly triggered by a normal distro bootup (and which is easy to
overlook in testing).

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-01-18 09:39    [W:0.076 / U:0.212 seconds]