    SubjectSCHED_FIFO & system()

    I have some strange behavior in one of my systems.

    I have a real-time kernel thread under SCHED_FIFO which is running every
    It is blocking on a semaphore and released by a timer interrupt every 10ms.
    Generally this works really well.

    However, there is a module in the system that makes a / system() / call
    from c-code in user-space;

    By calling and running a bash script. Independent of how the actual
    script looks like the real time kernel thread does not get scheduled under
    the time of 80ms -- the time it takes for the system() call to finish.

    I can see when running a LTT session that the wake_up event occurs for
    the real time thread 10ms into the system call but nevertheless the real
    time kernel thread does not get scheduled.

    The thread that calls system("run_my_script") is configured as SCHED_OTHER.

    The Kernel is 2.6.21.

    Anybody who recognize this or similar situations?

    Cheers // Matias

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-17 11:41    [W:0.027 / U:17.304 seconds]