SubjectRe: [Patch v2] Make PCI extended config space (MMCONFIG) a driver opt-in
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:28:20 -0700
Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 11:02:29AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> > Can you send me a follow-on patch that documents this in
> > Documentation/ABI please.
>
> Greg, if you integrate Ivan's patch, you don't need Arjan's patch.

Personally I absolutely don't agree with that.
Ivan's patch is another attempt to make MMCONFIG work somewhat better,
but does not provide the explicit opt-in that I think is required at
this point; people have tried to get MMCONFIG stable for a really long time,
and failed still upto today. At least my patience is up and this needs
to be opt-in.

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org