SubjectRe: [sata_nv] timeout waiting for ADMA IDLE, stat=0x440
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:06:41 +0200 "Maarten Maathuis" <madman2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not had any issues, i swapped the cable because a while ago i
> had to check the connection of the drive after the bios failed to
> detect the drive. That is why i considered that a posibility. Kernel
> 2.6.18 does not have NCQ support for nvidia chipsets, so that cannot
> be it.
>
> Maarten.
>
> On 8/28/07, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@computergmbh.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Aug 25 2007 15:37, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> > >
> > >A broken cable seems like a realistic possibility, so i swapped it for
> > >another cable. I will try if that solves the problem.
> >
> > Hi, did you have any success/failure, other updates?
> > I am facing a similar problem (just posted to linux-ide@vger.kernel.org),
> > but also with 2.6.18, and it does not look like an NCQ or loose cable problem (got a
> > backplane, and sda is working normal).

This is a rather comedic email thread, with people top-posting, others
leaving others off the cc list, Robert's MUA reliably and inexplicably
mangling both In-Reply-To: and References: thus breaking threading, no
visible sign of how Jan got involved and no linux-ide cc's.

Enough time has passed for everyone to forget all about this. So Maarten,
if you still believe that this is still a kernel bug then please update us
on its status and provide a full description for linux-ide.. Please use
reply-to-all for that.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2007-09-05 18:53    [W:0.060 / U:0.684 seconds]