    SubjectRe: [patches] [patch 3/5] x86: Add PCI extended config space access for AMD Barcelona
    On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:33:19AM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:17:18 +0200
    > "Andreas Herrmann" <> wrote:
    > \>
    > > Do you see any other issues besides the naming of the bit?
    > I wonder if we should key this off a PCI ID of the chipset rather than
    > the cpu id... I mean, how sure are you that all via chipsets connected
    > to the barcelona cpu will deal well?

    In general they should be able to deal with those accesses. They result in
    extended type 0/1 configuration cycles which are defined already in HT I/O Link
    Spec 1.10. So if unexpectedly problems arise then it is time to add a pci-quirk.

    But at the moment there is no need for further discussion on this subject
    because Andi refuses to add support for Barcelona CF8/CFC ECS access.

    Operating | AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG,
    System | Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
    Research | Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896, General Partner authorized
    Center | to represent: AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)
    (OSRC) | General Manager of AMD Saxony LLC: Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy

      Last update: 2007-09-03 17:51    [W:0.022 / U:90.288 seconds]