    SubjectRe: the Linux kernel, testsuites, and maybe *you*
    Mike Frysinger wrote:
    > On 9/1/07, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
    >
    >> If you want to test that stuff and run it on the current code in the
    >> kernel, how about a kernel module? You could "modprobe sanitytest" or
    >> something and report to syslog at module load time. And maybe have a
    >> parameter which does something drastic if something core is so hosed
    >> that filesystem damage is likely. Or just optional init code run by a
    >> kernel option, perhaps sanity testing after boot is not a great idea.
    >>

    > i'm fully capable of doing my own testing right now; that isnt the
    > point of this thread ... the point is for everyone to benefit, not
    > just the Blackfin architecture

    That's exactly the point I was making, if your tests and any others
    people feel are useful were in a module and/or could be run as init code
    only when wanted, everyone could benefit from the tests. Anything
    related to build sanity could be in one place, to guard against
    surprises like new versions of gcc, typos in patches, etc.

    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO TMR Associates, Inc