SubjectRe: subsystem_unregister() breakage in -mm
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 09:21:56AM +0200, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:41:21 -0700,
> Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok, here's a patch that fixes this for me. It should go on top of the
> > -mm tree. Let me know of this works or not.
>
> Looks sane to me.
>
> > In the end, we need to dynamically allocate these subsystems to properly
> > fix this. In looking through the tree, there really isn't that many of
> > them, so I'll try to knock that out later this week.
>
> What they need at least is a dynamically allocated k_name.

Yes :(

> Same goes
> for all those objects that use set_kset_name(), and there are quite a
> few of those...

Almost all of those are the stupid sysdev_class and sys_device stuff. I
_really_ want to get rid of those as they should be a "normal"
device/driver/class. I think Adam Belay has some patches he is working
on to get rid of these, but I do not know the status of them.

Anyway, they are static structures, so my fix will keep them from
oopsing.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2007-09-26 17:29    [W:0.042 / U:1.208 seconds]