    SubjectRe: x86_64: potential critical issue with quicklists and page table pages
    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

    > I'd suggest just reverting the patch for now (well, I see from the
    > commit list that you did just that) and I'll try to come up with
    > something better.

    That would be great. Note that the reversal of the x86_64 quicklist
    support patch does not address the issue that is (as pointed out by
    Siddha) in core code and not in x86_64 arch dode. The fix that I posted
    fixes the core issue.

    > Christoph, I'd be happy if you didn't start butchering mmu_gather just
    > right now since I'm doing just that and it will collide all over the
    > place :-) Or if you want something specific done, please throw
    > ideas/patches at me and I'll integrate that in my serie.

    Any "butchering" was done for 2.6.22. 2.6.23 only added arch support for
    x86_64 since Andi forgot to merge it for .22. I'd be glad if you could
    look into this and make quicklists interoperate nicely withh mmu gather.

      Last update: 2007-09-24 23:45    [W:0.030 / U:2.036 seconds]