    SubjectRe: [patch 1/7] Seq_file add support for sorted list
    * Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org) wrote:
    > On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:49:51PM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
    > > Add support for sorted list in seq_file. It aims at changing the way
    > > /proc/modules and kallsyms iterates on the module list to remove a race between
    > > module unload and module/symbol listing.
    > >
    > > The list is sorted by ascending list_head pointer address.
    >
    > While I think we really want this patch I don't quite see how it's
    > related to the markers. I think patch 1 and 2 stand on their own.

    As they are currently implemented, the markers use the sorted module
    list for marker listing, but I can change their implementation so they
    do not require this (and make it a subsequent patch instead).

    I could do that to diminish the patchset size a little more. However, it
    implies using an interface with a known race condition. Could we just
    post this as two different patchsets instead ? I really think the sorted
    module list would be important to get in and I don't like to use buggy
    unfixed lower level functions.

    Mathieu

    --
    Mathieu Desnoyers