    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Network sky2 Module

    Stephen Hemminger wrote:
    > If you want to use Jumbo frames, you need to have routers and firewalls
    > that correctly handle ICMP and do path MTU discovery. If you have bridges
    > or firewalls that aren't Jumbo aware on both interfaces, then there will
    > be long timeouts retries for each connection. If you have busted routers
    > and firewalls that swallow ICMP then PMTU won't work well either.

    i turned off the motherboard Marvell Gbit devices and installed a
    Realtek 8169 card, all the while keeping to kernel version
    2.6.23-rc6, and saw all the network problems go away. Must mean it
    was a sky2 driver bug.

    Am currently running 2.6.23-rc7 on the affected server and the rc7
    sky2 driver is holding up fine so far.

    thank you!

      Last update: 2007-09-20 08:45    [W:0.035 / U:37.436 seconds]