    SubjectRe: GPL weasels and the atheros stink
    On Sep 02, 2007, at 10:03:07, Marc Espie wrote:
    > Do you really think he's going to keep his work under a dual-
    > licence, seeing
    > how a bunch of rabid linux zealots are all but intent on stealing
    > his code
    > whenever they can.

    Oh god, not another Linux/*BSD month-long flamewar chewing up more
    developer resources than Microsoft has ever had. Please nobody else
    reply to such flamebait and let's get on to productive code
    development. If you think it really matters to you, then please do
    the following in order:
    1) Come back in a week. License issues can be easily resolved
    even months later. Look at the SCO case, for example, they didn't
    have a legal peg-leg to stand on and they've been churning through
    the legal system for years.
    2) Reread all of the posts in the other threads (either through
    the archives or whatever). In particular look at Adrian Bunk's
    emails, he seems to have a pretty sane grasp on the subject.
    3) When you want to reply USE THE SAME THREAD!!! Most of the
    people on this list don't really give a damn about legal crap, we
    just want to write code or have interesting technical discussions.
    By using the same thread we only have one button to click to hide it
    4) Refrain from rhetoric and name-calling, it's unproductive and

    That said, Marc Espie seems to be all set to blast the first person
    who isn't frothing at the mouth in support of BSD, so... Plonk!

    Kyle Moffett

      Last update: 2007-09-02 18:55    [W:0.020 / U:43.728 seconds]