SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux-tiny project revival wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:41:08 PDT, Tim Bird said:
>> The patchkit gives a place for things to live while they are out
>> of mainline, and still have multiple people use and work on them.
> Is anybody working on testing that the patchkit "does no harm" for bigger
> boxes (laptops, desktops, servers)?
Not to my knowledge. Most of the things it provides are
only activated by config options. So my sense is that just
applying the patches should be harmless. But we'll need some
runtime testing to see what affect some of these have on
big iron.

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Corporation of America