SubjectRe: follow-up: discrepancy with POSIX
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:46:54 -0700
Ulrich Drepper <> wrote:

> Andi Kleen wrote:
> >> But the spec calls for a "null address" to be used and that's in my
> >> understanding something different from using AF_UNSPEC.
> >
> > memset(&sockaddr, 0, sizeof(sockaddr)) should give you AF_UNSPEC
> But the spec calls for <quote>null address for the protocol</quote>.
> That means the family for the null address is the same as the family of
> the socket.

Which is a valid address in some protocols. If I remember rightly then
appletalk net 0 node 0 port 0 is valid although I'd want to look in the
book to check that - ditto AF_ECONET although I doubt anyone cares too
much 8)