    SubjectRe: Wasting our Freedom
    hmm, on Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 08:56:47AM -0400, Theodore Tso said that
    > On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:29:48AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
    > > Now if they'd fix the copyright message to only mention Reyk all would
    > > be good.
    >
    > It *does* mention Reyk, if you would bother to look. The thing which

    the keyword is `only'. only = him and noone else (at the moment)

    > Theo is kvetching about, and which apparently is enough to cause the
    > *BSD zombies to start attacking without actually _checking_ _for_
    > _themselves_ is whether or not Jiri and Nick did enough to work so
    > they should have their names listed in the headers. In other words,

    are you publicly stating that you have checked, and found the amount
    of work done justifying a (c) addition of not even one but 2 persons?

    > all of the megabytes and megabhytes of flamewar is over these two
    > lines:
    >
    > > * Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Nick Kossifidis <mickflemm@gmail.com>
    > > * Copyright (c) 2007 Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@gmail.com>
    >
    > Petty, isn't it? Let's just say it's b.s. like this which is why, 16
    > years ago, I decided to work with Linux instead of BSD.

    so you don't mind if a couple of us go around adding say 10 lines
    of code to files you authored, and then put our copyrights under
    your name? good! i am glad to hear that. a bit of additional
    "undeserved credit" is always welcome anyway.
    would look good in my cv.

    it is not just a bit of undeserved credit. the (c) owners will
    be asked in the future regarding any legal aspects of the files
    they hold copyrights to. i don't think those 2 gentlemen have
    earned that yet.

    -f
    --
    dum spiro spero -- as long as i breathe i hope