SubjectRe: VM/VFS bug with large amount of memory and file systems?

Is on lkml and linux-mm: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/8/31/329

> I've implemented code like you describe already, just give me
> a few days to become familiar with the slab defragmentation
> code and I'll get you a patch.

The patchset does buffer_heads: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/8/31/348

I think the whole approach is reasonable. It's mainly a matter of going
through it all with a toothcomb and getting it all merged up, tested and
integrated. There's considerable potential for nasty and rarely-occurring
surprises in this stuff because it tends to approach locking in the
reversed order.

<checks the archives>

There were a few desultory comments, but I see no sign that the bulk of
the patches have had any serious review and testing from anyone yet.

  Last update: 2007-09-17 23:53    [W:0.077 / U:0.384 seconds]