lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2007]   [Sep]   [15]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
    /
    Date
    From
    SubjectRe: [00/41] Large Blocksize Support V7 (adds memmap support)
    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:12:26 +0200 Jörn Engel <joern@logfs.org> wrote:

    > While I agree with your concern, those numbers are quite silly. The
    > chances of 99.8% of pages being free and the remaining 0.2% being
    > perfectly spread across all 2MB large_pages are lower than those of SHA1
    > creating a collision.

    Actually it'd be pretty easy to craft an application which allocates seven
    pages for pagecache, then one for <something>, then seven for pagecache, then
    one for <something>, etc.

    I've had test apps which do that sort of thing accidentally. The result
    wasn't pretty.
    -
    To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
    Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

    \
     
     \ /
      Last update: 2007-09-15 10:49    [W:0.025 / U:61.640 seconds]
    ©2003-2016 Jasper Spaans. hosted at Digital OceanAdvertise on this site