SubjectRe: [ofa-general] InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.24
 > > - My user_mad P_Key index support patch.  I'll test the ioctl to
> > change to the new mode and merge this I guess, since Hal and Sean
> > have tested this out.
>
> I can give this patch a reviewed-by: too, and I will also try to review a couple
> of the pending ipoib patches.

Thanks!

> > - Sean's QoS changes. These look fine at first glance, and I just
> > plan to understand the backwards compatibility story (ie how this
> > works with an old SM) and merge. Anyone who objects let me know.
>
> The new QoS fields fall into fields that are currently reserved, which should be
> ignored by an older SM. I've only tested this against openSM however.

That seems OK -- I'm OK with breaking things if an SM is clearly buggy
(and not ignoring fields that are defined to be ignored in the spec
would certainly be a clear bug to me).

> This patch was generated in response to an Intel MPI issue. We've seen MPI take
> several minutes to respond to a connection request during the middle of large
> application runs. When this happens, the active side times out the connection.
> In OFED, we added module parameters to adjust the rdma_cm connection timeout on
> the active side, but I believe that sending an MRA from the passive side is a
> better solution.

OK -- just to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying: have you
confirmed that your proposed patches actually fix the issue?

- R.

  Last update: 2007-09-13 23:05    [W:0.191 / U:0.336 seconds]