    SubjectRe: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
    On 9/1/07, Constantine A. Murenin <mureninc@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On 01/09/07, Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:
    > > Jason Dixon wrote:
    > > > Once the grantor (Reyk) releases his code under that license, it must
    > > > remain. You are free to derive work and redistribute under your
    > > > license, but the original copyright and license permission remains
    > > > intact. Many other entities (Microsoft, Apple, Sun, etc) have used BSD
    > > > code and have no problem understanding this. Why is this so difficult
    > > > for the Linux brain share to absorb?
    > >
    > > Why is it so difficult to understand dual licensing?
    >
    > Maybe because Reyk's code was never dual-licensed?

    We asked SFLC to work with us to make sure that everyone's copyrights
    were respected in the right places, and that the licenses various developers
    wanted for their copyrights were implemented correctly. The patch I sent
    implements SFLC's suggestions in that regard.

    Luis

      Last update: 2007-09-02 03:45    [W:0.022 / U:0.380 seconds]