    SubjectRe: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
    On 01/09/07, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I urge developers to not bait into this and just leave this alone.
    > Those involved know what they are doing and have a strong team of
    > attorneys watching their backs. Any *necessary* discussions are be
    > done privately.

    Err...

    I don't understand why you need a lawyer to interpret this document:

    /* $OpenBSD: ar5210.c,v 1.39 2007/04/10 17:47:55 miod Exp $ */

    /*
    * Copyright (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Reyk Floeter <reyk@openbsd.org>
    *
    * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
    * purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
    * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
    *
    * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
    * WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    * MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
    * ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
    * WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
    * ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
    * OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
    */

    If you want to add more code to it, and your contribution is
    significant, simply add you name next to Reyk's. Where's the problem?

    I don't know how licensing could be any simpler than this. Please,
    notice, that there are no additional documents (other than the
    copyright law) to read here -- _this is the complete licence_! (And
    you have to read the copyright law even if you use the GNU GPL.)

    C.

      Last update: 2007-09-02 02:13    [W:0.021 / U:0.648 seconds]