    SubjectRe: maturity and status and attributes, oh my!
    On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 02:06:22PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
    > On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
    > > On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Dave Jones wrote:
    > > > People just don't care about how mature an option is if they need
    > > > a driver/feature. *No-one* is going to come across options and
    > > > think "Oh, the driver for my network card isn't stable. Guess I'll
    > > > not enable it". And the idea of hiding the options behind multiple
    > > > levels of maturity options sounds completely batshit.
    > by the way and just for the record, dave, you have the above
    > completely backwards. the default for what you would be allowed to
    > select or deselect would be *everything*. what this whole maturity
    > level thing would allow you to do is selectively *deselect* (or
    > *filter*) what is displayed. in short, if you do nothing, you see no
    > effect.

    From your earlier mail..

    "all this new construct is doing is implementing a new way to globally
    select or de-select large sets of kernel features to display for user
    selection, in exactly the way that EXPERIMENTAL does it now, that's all."

    EXPERIMENTAL hides options.

    > so i don't mind folks criticizing the proposal. but it sure would be
    > nice if they understood what they were criticising, know what i mean?

      Last update: 2007-09-01 20:27    [W:0.068 / U:0.652 seconds]