SubjectRe: Linux Kernel cfs scheduler and xorg kbd
From
On Tue, August 7, 2007 08:05, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 00:40 -0400, Kyle Moffett wrote:
>> On Aug 01, 2007, at 11:06:00, Indan Zupancic wrote:
>> > Different programs, different keys "stuck", so hard to tell. The
>> > amount the pressed key is repeated differs too, from double to
>> > hundreds.
>> >
>> > As an apparently separate problem my mouse warps once in a while
>> > too, and that's not totally fixed yet, neither with that locking
>> > patch. Throw in that two of my USB ports stopped working after a
>> > rare power outage, I didn't totally trust my hardware any more,
>> > hence my initial reluctance to report these problems.
>> >
>> > We could have independent problems with more or less the same
>> > symptoms, at least Teresa's problem seems much worse than ours, and
>> > if you and Ingo only experience a stuck delete key, it might be
>> > something else.
>

> the last time I saw something like this it was a BIOS that kept doing
> USB->PS/2 emulation even when the kernel was running.. that caused great
> havoc somehow...
>
> those who are seeing this... is it all on a USB keyboard? If so, is the
> bios set to do PS/2 emulation (sometimes called USB legacy emulation) ??

No, using PS/2 keyboard and mouse here, and made sure to disable USB
legacy emulation in the BIOS ages ago.

But for me the problems are gone now, since 2.6.23-rc1 (I don't think it was
fixed by CFS though, just in the same timeframe).

Greetings,

Indan

  Last update: 2007-08-07 12:19    [W:1.163 / U:0.508 seconds]