    >>> Subject : Master volume control broken
    >> Hello,
    >> I am not the one to handle the issue. I have just supplied the
    >> pinconfigs for the intel mac cards and assisted with logs/debug
    >> information, so I happen to be more of an end user. I am not familiar
    >> with the code base of the Intel HDA Codec. Takashi Iwai is the one
    >> with the knowledge to fix the problem.
    > ... but without the hardware :-<
    > IMO, this is actually no real regression. In the earlier verison, you
    > didn't have controls for multiple outputs, thus the mixer control was
    > named as Master. Now you do have multiple individual controls, and
    > thus there is no master any more, instead. That's the trade-off.
    Would you buy or use a stand-alone mixer where the only way to control
    total output would be to change the setting for one output, then
    rebalance all the others against it, and then iterate until the result
    is correct?

    Is this an intermediate step to the full functionality of a $29 Radio
    Shack mixer, or a limitation of just one audio driver, or maybe the user
    interface for ALSA is broken right now?

    Is it planned to leave Linux audio in this state?

    Bill Davidsen <>

      Last update: 2007-08-30 00:37    [W:0.024 / U:5.888 seconds]