    SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > On Friday 24 August 2007 03:45, Theodore Tso wrote:
    >>>As I said; what's wrong with just using SPI membership? It's not
    >>>like it is remotely hard for kernel hackers to gain membership in
    >>>SPI. And somebody else takes care of the bureaucracy for you.
    >>Given the huge overlap between SPI membership and Debian membership,
    >>and then taking a look at the craziness that takes place on various
    >>Debian mailing lists, such as but not limited to debian-legal, I'm
    >>quite convinced that this would be a baaaaaad idea.
    > Hi Ted,
    > Ever watched a legislative assembly at work? A bad idea perhaps, but
    > the best that has been discovered so far.

    Given that there is already some charter that says KS attendees vote...
    isn't it best to retain that? Directives from above aside, you need
    specifications on how to change voting procedure before changing it, no?
    If those don't exist, then something vaguely similar in my country would
    require a referendum I think.

    Hasn't the KS committee / TAB board vote rigging conspiracy theory been
    raised yet? Given they're not running a country, it would be great fun
    to see the board getting corrupted and go off the rails ;) I'd vote for
    them because if Ted has anything to do with it, I *know* we'll be having
    KS in Hawaii ;)

      Last update: 2007-08-29 05:41    [W:0.025 / U:18.196 seconds]