    SubjectRe: PROBLEM : On a laptop Aopen 1556 or 1557 my integrated card-reader doesn't work.
    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:57:10 -0700
    Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > I don't even know which subsystem is supposed to handle that device.
    > Perhaps someone can tell us. It's a Secure Digital card slot? I
    > think the MMC subsystem can handle some types SD cards, but not all?
    >
    > Perhaps Pierre can clue us in?

    The MMC layer can handle all MMC and SD cards, but it does not support
    all known controllers as most vendors refuse to release any specs.

    Unfortunately, that is the case here. Ricoh has several controller
    interfaces, and currently we only support one of them (the public
    standard sdhci interface).

    So until Ricoh changes their policy or someone reverse engineers their
    interface, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

    Rgds
    Pierre

      Last update: 2007-08-27 10:55    [W:0.019 / U:1.172 seconds]