SubjectRe: Possible problems reading a DVD-RAM disc
On 8/24/07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:44:55PM -0400, TheOneKEA wrote:
> > While doing a long mega-copy from one side of a DVD-RAM disc formatted
> > with the vfat filesystem to an smbfs network share, I got lots and
> > lots of these in the dmesg:
>
> No idea about the error, but isn't vfat torture of a dvd-ram? Don't
> they come preformated with UDF since it does wear leveling while vfat
> would very very quickly trash the part of the disk storing the FAT.

I wouldn't know - someone else gave the media to me and wanted to try
to rescue the data on it. I certainly didn't out vfat on it on
purpose. As soon as I can fix the dmesg errors and get a clean read of
the disk, I intend to clean it off and put UDF on both sides.

--
SCREW THE ADS! http://adblock.mozdev.org/