SubjectOdp: possible endless loop in PROM initialization
Dnia 20-08-2007 o godz. 9:59 Markus Dahms napisał(a):
> Hey,
>
> while trying to define a non-unique devalias at the Sun PROM prompt
> (the SPARCclassic X has wrong aliases for scsi, disk1, etc. in the
> PROM, at least mine) I fell over a bug resulting in an endless loop
> while booting the kernel.
>
> The problem is the getting the properties list of the /aliases
node.
> As the next element in this list is identified by name and the
> function which retrieves this property always returns the first
> occurrence this goes forever....

Could you give name of the function which contains this endless loop?
When I looked into the tree.c file for the first time I thought
it had a bug
in handling the prom_nextprop, but later I concluded that this is ok.
Maybe there is a bug there after all.

Regards,
Krzysztof