SubjectRe: [rfc] balance-on-fork NUMA placement
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> > Add a (slow) kmalloc_policy? Strict Object round robin for interleave
> > right? It probably needs its own RR counter otherwise it disturbs the per
> > task page RR.
>
> I guess interleave could be nice for other things, but for this, I
> just want MPOL_BIND to work. The problem is that the pagetable copying
> etc codepaths cover a lot of code and some of it (eg pagetable allocation)
> is used for other paths as well.. so I was just hoping to do something
> less intrusive for now if possible.

Ok. So MPOL_BIND on a single node. We would have to save the current
memory policy on the stack and then restore it later. Then you would need
a special call anyways.

Or is there some way to execute the code on the target cpu? That may be
the easiest solution.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans