    SubjectRe: [rfc] balance-on-fork NUMA placement
    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

    > > Add a (slow) kmalloc_policy? Strict Object round robin for interleave
    > > right? It probably needs its own RR counter otherwise it disturbs the per
    > > task page RR.
    > I guess interleave could be nice for other things, but for this, I
    > just want MPOL_BIND to work. The problem is that the pagetable copying
    > etc codepaths cover a lot of code and some of it (eg pagetable allocation)
    > is used for other paths as well.. so I was just hoping to do something
    > less intrusive for now if possible.

    Ok. So MPOL_BIND on a single node. We would have to save the current
    memory policy on the stack and then restore it later. Then you would need
    a special call anyways.

    Or is there some way to execute the code on the target cpu? That may be
    the easiest solution.

      Last update: 2007-08-03 02:55    [W:0.018 / U:4.940 seconds]