SubjectRe: The vi editor causes brain damage

--- Al Viro <viro@ftp.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 10:20:34PM -0700, Marc
> Perkel wrote:
> > Let me give you and example of the difference
> between
> > Linux open source world brain damaged thinking and
> > what it's like out here in the real world.
>
> [snip]
>
> Marc, why don't you do the obvious thing and hire
> Jeff Merkey?
> He used to work on netware kernel, you are a netware
> fanboy...
> Hell, he might even share - his peyotl for whatever
> you are on;
> it certainly has... intriguing effects, so who knows
> - maybe the
> mix will give the right kind of out-of-box
> experience for you ;-)

hmmmmm .....

So if you take Peyote then you think of things like
"rm *" should delete all the files in a folder and if
you're not on drugs then del from DOS being better
than rm in Linux is OK.

For what it's worth. I agree it seems to be that way.
I tried Peyote once about 25 years ago and it was
fantastic.

Marc Perkel
Junk Email Filter dot com
http://www.junkemailfilter.com