SubjectRe: [gfs2][RFC] readdir caused ls process into D (uninterruptible) state, under testing with Samba 3.0.25
Hi,

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 16:20 +0800, 程任全 wrote:
> It seems that gfs2 cannot work well with Samba,
>
> I'm using the gfs2 and the new cluster suite(cman with openais),
>
> 1. the testing environment is that 1 iscsi target and 2 cluster node,
> 2. the two nodes both used iscsi initiator connect to the target,
> 3. they're using the same physical iscsi disk,
> 4. run LVM2 on top of the same iscsi disk,
> 5. on the same lv (logical volume), I created a gfs2 filesystem,
> 6. mount the gfs2 system to a same path under 2 nodes,
> 7. start samba to shared the gfs2 mounting pointer on the 2 nodes,
>
> now test with windows client, when two or above clients connects to the samba,
> everything is still normal; but when heavy writers or readers start,
> the samba server daemon changed to D state, that's uninterruptible in
> the kernel,
> I wonder that's a problem of gfs2?

Which version of gfs2 are you using? GFS2 doesn't support leases which I
know that Samba uses, however only relatively recent kernels have been
able to report that fact via the VFS.

> then I start a simple ls command on the gfs2 mouting point:
> $ ls /mnt/gfs2
> the ls process is also changed to D state,
>
> I think it's problems about readdir implementation in gfs2, and I want
> to fix it, someone could give me some pointers?

Can you get a stack trace? echo 't' >/proc/sysrq-trigger
That should show where Samba is getting stuck,

Steve.

  Last update: 2007-08-16 10:47    [W:0.061 / U:0.048 seconds]