    SubjectRe: [ck] Re: Linus 2.6.23-rc1
    Hua Zhong wrote:

    > I don't think it's the code superiority that decided the fate of the two
    > schedulers. When CFS came out, the fate of SD was pretty much already
    > decided. The fact is that Linus trusts Ingo, and as such he wants to merge
    > Ingo's code. Of course I cannot say it's wrong, and Ingo's earned this
    > it through years of hard work, but let's not kid ourselves and deny the
    > obvious fact.

    I agree with you here. It's not simply code superiority that matters but a
    balance of attitude and the code's corroboration with numbers. Both had
    numbers to show but I think that one's attitude was preferred over the other.

    > I think Con was simply too frustrated after years of rejection. He could
    > have been more diplomatic this time round. But no matter how he'd have
    > done, once Ingo decided to write a new scheduler, the outcome was pretty
    > much already decided.
    >
    > SD (and years of Con's work) inspired CFS. This is a fact. No matter how
    > smart and capable Ingo is, he needs inspiration to keep the good work going.
    > So I wish Ingo could work more closely with others and let them share a bit
    > more credit which would just produce even better work.

    I don't see where credit was lacking. As far as I've observed, SD's author
    was given acknowledgment on what he did and even got praise.

    Thank you very much.

    Best Regards,

    Carlo

    --
    Carlo Florendo
    Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

    --
    The Astra Group of Companies
    5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City