SubjectProfiling the Kernel
Hi *,
I have a question regarding profiling the Linux kernel code during
runtime (by "profile", I mean the usage of each function/module within
the kernel itself). I googled and found many "system-wide" profiler
such as sysprof, Oprofile, etc... I am working on an embedded system
project and currently we are using an on-chip debugger which
interfaces with the system through EJTAG port. All what it can provide
is just a "uniform sampling" of the kernel code usage and according to
the manufacturer, it is not a safe way to determine the "hot spots"
within the kernel. Does anyone know about any hardware/software tool
that can provide a "good" profile of the kernel code usage?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--
Mohamed A. Bamakhrama