SubjectRe: Reboot hang FIXED
On 08/01/2007 11:37 AM, kriko wrote:

>>> I just want to add that my DVD drive is not detected when using new
>>> driver. So back to old one....
>>
>> You shouldn't have dropped Alan from CC then... pata_amd, right?
>>
>> Rene.
>
> Sorry, yes its pata_amd.
>
> IBM drive is on Primary master (detected as /dev/sdc)
> DVD-ROM is on Secondary master (not detected)

It's probably a timing issue (and might be related to why the old driver
makes the BIOS hang at reboot) but pata_amd should I believe be one of the
best tested pata drivers. Using it myself as well, on amd756. I haven't
observed any problems with (a few) various CD/DVD drives attached and am not
actually sure how to go about debugging the thing -- over to Alan.

The DVD-ROM is jumpered for master? Or for cable-select and using the master
cable-slot? Using an 80-ribbon cable for it?

Rene.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans