    SubjectRe: [patch 09/10] Remove the SLOB allocator for 2.6.23
    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

    > It is reasonable to expect some help from maintainers, but I notice you
    > didn't even CC the SLOB maintainer in the patch to remove SLOB! So maybe
    > if you tried working a bit closer with him you could get better results?

    The maintainers last patch to SLOB was the initial submission of the
    allocator. Then he acked subsequent patches. Most of the modifications to
    SLOB are my work. Attempts to talk to the maintainer result in inventive
    explanations why SLOB does not have to conform to kernel standards. There
    is no reasonable expectation that this will change.

      Last update: 2007-07-10 04:13    [W:0.022 / U:1.072 seconds]