    SubjectRe: Libata PATA status
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > Chipsets
    > ========
    > ARTOP
    > No reports, but nobody appears to be using one

    The NSLU2-Linux project (http://www.nslu2-linux.org) relies on the
    pata-artop driver for the arm/ixp4xx-based Iomega NAS100d and D-Link
    DSM-G600 NAS devices (both of which are supported in recent mainline
    kernels).

    Latest kernels (2.6.22-rc5 is the latest we've tested) have no reported
    problems with pata-artop. We have a handful of people (including
    myself) who we know are using 2.6.22-rc5 on those devices and are
    booting from the internal drive using the pata-artop driver.

    I'm happy for anyone to contact me in the future if new versions of the
    pata-artop driver need to be tested. There are people using it :-)

    > VIA
    > Solid. Sent acpi patch for -mm to try and fix the one remaining
    > mystery "how to spot VIA with onboard SATA bridges properly. If
    > you've got a VIA board with SATA ports that appear as PATA
    > channels please drop me an email as I'd like to get more info
    > on what is affected.

    Our project is also working on adding support to the kernel for the
    Freecom FSG-3 NAS device. It uses the sata-via driver for it's VIA_6421
    chipset, but the main drive is a PATA drive (the device also has an
    eSATA external port).

    We're currently stuck at 2.6.18 with vendor patches for scsi/sata-via,
    and would love to move to 2.6.22 and libata, but are having problems
    with the latest sata-via driver for this chipset booting from an IDE
    drive. I'll contact you separately for this issue (as it's off-topic on
    this thread).

    Thanks,

    -- Rod Whitby
    -- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead

      Last update: 2007-07-06 00:33    [W:5.005 / U:0.108 seconds]